INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The ranch dustbowl

The girls and I are down here in Central Oregon at my parent's place (or as we call it the Ranch, although it is in absolutely no way a ranch other than the fact it is out in a active farming community) for the week and we are having one heck of a windstorm. All day long since about 10am and still going strong we have had sustained winds around 30 mph and gusts around 55mph. What's making it so bad is that all the land around here that isn't farmed or landscaped is dust. We've been having almost solid walls of dust blowing across the windows. Needless to say we've been staying inside today, although I did drive to the store earlier and I'm proud to say I did a pretty good job of dodging debris and tumbleweeds and staying on the road. Even if I couldn't always see where I was going.... Here's a few pictures I snapped outside while trying to not get blown over.



1 comment:

Shannon said...

That is super dusty!!!