INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Long time no see....

So it's been awhile since I've posted and a lot has happened. Some big stuff and a lot of little, normal stuff. One of the biggest news is Bridget is an official Kindergartner!! The first day of school she was pretty nervous. The open house and orientation the previous days really hadn't impressed her, nor did they leave a good taste in my mouth either. I don't know who was more nervous, Bridget or me. However the only person who cried was Maggie. Maggie was so sad and upset that she didn't get to go with Bridget, add to that all the kids playing at recess and she was mad I wouldn't let her go play. She cried and cried until I gave her a lollipop followed with a nap. When I went to pick up Bridget she was sniffling a little and I asked her what was wrong. She said she was sad that she couldn't take the bus home. I had been trying to talk her into taking the bus home all week but she had absolutely refused. All it took was one day of seeing all the other kids take the bus and she wanted to do it too. So the next day I walked her through what the bus would be like ( no car seats or buckles) and to sit on the front left hand side so she could see me through the window. Her biggest concern was getting up and down the stairs on the bus for some reason. But Friday afternoon the bus pulled up and there she was grinning from ear to ear with her cheeks flushed red peering out the front window. She bounded off the bus all a twitter with excitement to tell me about school that day and the bus ride home. I was just happy that we had no repeats of what happened when I rode the bus for the first time. If I remember correctly the bus driver drove right past my stop and of course I didn't say anything because I didn't know what was happening. Needless to say my Mom was frantic when I never showed up. It eventually got figured out in the end, but I was so worried history might repeat itself.

Here are a few pictures of Bridget before heading to school her first day, as you can see by the last one she was very impatient for me to quit taking pictures and drive her to school.







Also, here is a little sneak peek at the adorable Baby Kate who I got to meet and photograph today. She is Kylie's baby sister who you might remember seeing pictures of before here on the blog.
Hopefully now with Bridget in school and life returning to a more normal schedule I'll be able to be more faithful about updating the blog again. I still have to share that Mint Chocolate Ganache Cupcake recipe, pictures from our trip to the Pacific Science Center and our most recent trip to Oregon where we were finally able to take a trip over Mackenzie Pass to check out some amazing waterfalls and gigantic obsidian flows.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I am so happy she is enjoying school and the bus! She is growing up so fast :)
Cute Cute Cute little kate, I need to go see her mom and introduce myself to her :)