So quite a lot has gone on since I last updated the poor ol' blog. As far as the highs go the big one is the approaching BIG WEDDING of Shannon and Jason nest Saturday!!! The girls are getting excited about being the flower girls and the 4 days worth of visiting and partying. I know I'm super excited and can't wait!!! Maggie continues to do really well in speech therapy and can now say phrases like "Bridget, leave me alone!", Maaaa, Bridget being mean!" and Bridget, don't bother me!". Bridget continues to do great in school and has started reading up a storm. It's amazing how quickly she has been able to pick it up and surprises me with some of the large words she has no problems with. Maggie has also started to refuse to wear jeans and now only wears skirts, dresses and tights/leggings with them. Sometimes I can still get her to wear fleece/sweat type pants but most of the time she only wants to wear her "pretty dresses" and the pinker, flouncier and girlier the better. Bridget on the other hand much prefers her fleece clothes because "they are just like pajamas!" and now has a favorite Super Mario t-shirt I picked up for her at Target. In case you were wondering, yes she is still completely obsessed with Super Mario and Kirby and anything related to the two and would be more than happy to give you and in depth lecture about anything and everything Super Mario. Just ask the poor lady who had to giver her a haircut last week.
The middling stuff is boring so we'll just skip over it. Same old blah blah.
And now for the low and a very low it is. Kaylie, Bridget's best friend from preschool has been diagnosed with a very aggressive, inoperable brain tumor called a "Pontine Glioma". Bridget and I visited her today for a little play date and it was great. I was able to make her a crocheted head scarf in pink and purple and a hot pink beanie hat as she started chemo and radiation this week. We hadn't seen Kaylie since a Halloween Party and Bridget told her "I really missed you Kaylie" while working on some crafts together. Bridget has yet to find another girl at school that she has clicked with as well as Kaylie. Most girls just don't share Bridget's affinity for creepy crawlies. Kaylie is a brave little girl and is handling the stress of her treatments fearlessly. It absolutely breaks my heart what she and her family are going through right now and if you could find the time to add them to your prayers or think some positive thoughts for Kaylie I know they would appreciate it very much.
Here's a snap shot of Maggie to help cheer you up. After some technical difficulties I've just gotten Photoshop on my new computer so I hope to be filling my 1T hard drive up with pictures soon.

2 comments:
Wow!!! A new post!!!! Will keep the family in my prayers....
Love to all,
Mom
I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, A NEW POST!!! I like the new look too!
We are thinking about Kaylie and are very proud of how you are handling this. I am so glad that bridget is able to go and visit her, I am sure that brings her spirits up!!
S
P.S. nice wedding shout out :)
Post a Comment