INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's a go!

As some of you know my parents and PJ and I have been trying to work out a sort of house swap. They buy our little house and make it a rental property we buy their big house and they merrily move down to the ranch down in Oregon. Well, after months of hard work on my parents half fixing up the big house and lots of nervous hand wringing on both sides it's finally happening. PJ took over the first load of boxes last night and by the end of the weekend we will hopefully be moved in! I'm going to be super busy the next couple of weeks so the blog might be a bit bare.

In honor of Thanksgiving this week I'm posting my favorite Mallow Sweet Potato Bake. I know I posted it last year, but really guys this dish is soooo yummy it is worth mentioning twice. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Mallow Sweet Potato Bake
Light and Tasty

Delores Nickerson

Ingredients:

  • 6 large sweet potatoes
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries, divided
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
  • 1/3 cup chopped pecan

Directions:
Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until tender. Cut potatoes in half; scoop out pulp and place in a large bowl. Stir in butter until melted. Stir in the pineapple, 1/4 cup cranberries, orange juice and salt. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with marshmallows, pecans and remaining cranberries. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or just until marshmallows are puffed and lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 179 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.

No comments: