INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A very belated update

Well, it's been over a month since I've made a blog post. Sorry everyone, but with the move and all the Holiday excitement we've been very, very busy. I've been so busy I haven't been able to pick up my camera in over a month either! I'm really hoping after Christmas things calm down and I am able to get my new photography area set up and start taking pictures again.

I am happy to announce that we are all moved in to the new house. The girls absolutely love all the extra room to run around and play in. One of their most favorite things is the "magic closet" that adjoins their two rooms. They love to chase each other around and run into Maggie's room and magically appear coming out of Bridget's. It reminds me of those old Scooby Doo cartoons were they would all be running in and out of different doors in the hallway. I know that PJ and myself are also greatly enjoying the extra room. PJ has said several times that while he knew we were cramped at our old place he didn't really realize just how tight it was until we got some space. I was even able to get most of my indoor Christmas decorations and the tree up but sadly no outside lights this year. The lights would have looked beautiful with all the snow we have gotten.

Speaking of snow, while it is beautiful I am so ready for it to be gone. I have been housebound with both girls for 10 days now. I was able to get out of the house for 2 hours last Wed but other than that the furthest I've been is the mailbox and we are all starting to get a little crazy with cabin fever. We've been passing the time baking cookies, making gingerbread houses and making crafts but even that is getting old. I am actually looking forward to putting chains on the Vue and trying to make it to Fredmeyer for all the food I need to get for Christmas dinner. Hopefully we can do it, or else PJ will have to go to the store himself with the big truck. I don't want that because A. That means another day at home and B. Trusting PJ to get everything, and everything correctly off of the grocery list is dicey at best.

Other than the groceries though, one last minute gift and just a couple presents left to wrap I am ready for Christmas. Bridget is just dying with anicipation and today being the day before Christmas Eve is the worst. All the excitement but not really anything to do.

I'll leave you with the recipe for my Awesome Bacon and Tomato Dip that was requested by several of you from the Family Christmas party and the color versions of the pics of Bridget on the Christmas card. Sorry no new ones of Maggie, I had to use old ones I've already posted here and on flickr.

Awesome Bacon and Tomato Dip
from Recipezaar.com Recipe #16884

30 min | 20 min prep

3 -4 Cups

  1. In medium bowl, with mixer, blend sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped onion and green pepper, garlic powder, and black pepper.
  2. Crumble bacon into small pieces and add to mixture.
  3. Add chopped tomato and stir well.
  4. Garnish with shredded lettuce just before serving, if desired.
  5. Serve with Townhouse crackers or Wheat Thins.
  6. Also good served in a bread bowl with bread cubes to dip.




No comments: