Yes, I'm done with all my Christmas shopping for the girls. All I have left is the small gifts for teachers, mail lady, milkman and PJ's and my gifts for the family drawing. Easy peasy......
I'm one of those people who love to buy gifts for other people. All the time when I'm out shopping or running errands I will come across something and think to myself, wow so-and-so would love that. If money wasn't an issue I would be giving gifts to people all the time for no special reason. That said, when I have to go and find a gift for someone for a specific reason I stress. I fret and worry constantly if they will like it, is it good enough, do they already have one, what if I find something better, will they think it's stupid even though I love it and on and on. I made up a list of present ideas for the girls weeks ago and the list went through three rewrites with only one or two ideas from the beginning making it to the final cut. Now that everything has been bought and ordered I can't wait to give them to the girls.
I always try to find the girls some unique and different toys. I get so frustrated looking at all the crappy, plastic, you know this will break in 5 minutes, won't hold their attention for more than 10 minutes that fills the store shelves this time of year. Bridget has also started the "I want that, add it to my list" every time a toy commercial comes on the tv. This year I also tried really hard to find toys for the girls that they could play with together. So this year for "the big gift" I got them this Mini Market from Target along with some play produce, box foods and grocery cart so they can play store. Bridget already has a great cash register. I got Maggie some Little People play sets, puzzles and a really neat stuffed pink elephant that I'm excited about. I hope she likes it because even with the reconstructive sewing her Pasha Piggie recently got I don't think she's going to last much longer. For Bridget I of course got the aforementioned LPS Ladybug and LPS sets. I also got her this cool cardboard doll house that she can decorate up any way she wants and will be perfect for her to use with her LPS pets. I also got her this felt cake that she can decorate with included felt decorations. I liked this because I could see her playing bakery with it and I thought she would like to make her own decorations out of felt too. Then I was cruising Etsy last night and found this adorable Snail print. As some of you know Bridget is currently obsessed with snails and I thought this print would look great framed in her room. Since the gal was having a buy one get one sale I also got this cute pink elephant print for Maggie. A perfect coincidence since I got her the big pink stuffed elephant for Christmas.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What!!!! You are done?!?! You are soooo organized. I am still trying to figure out what I want to even get the girls. You sound like me with the giving gifts part...I love to buy gifts for everyone too! :)
Post a Comment