The weather's started to turn (kind of, it's been crazy muggy and warm here) and the leaves are falling. Autumn is by far my favorite season of the year. I love everything about it. Since it has cooled off weather wise I dragged out yarn stash and found my hooks and promptly jumped back into crocheting. I love crocheting, but I'm really itching to learn how to knit and have promised myself I will learn by Christmas. I love crochet for either really big things like blankets, or really little things like amigurumi. I love the look of knit clothing (sweaters, hats, mittens and scarves), crochet clothing not so much. I'm working on a couple of different project right now both being blankets. One is a surprise for someone (who may or may not read my blog, so I'm not going to say who or what it is exactly yet) that is almost finished. It's actually kind of a pattern I've pieced together off of other patterns with an original final idea, if that makes any sense.


The other is a multicolored granny stripe blanket for Maggie. I saw the pattern and pictures of Lucy's on her great blog Attic24 and instantly wanted to make it. So far it's a fun blanket, very easy to crochet. The hard part is making myself stripe randomly with the colors since I usually am very much a pattern person.


1 comment:
Maybe we can take a knitting class together. I haven't done it in 2yrs now and would love to move past 1 color scarves!!!
Post a Comment