INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, October 1, 2010

Finished projects...


Just wanted to show you the finished secret project I was working on. I made a Super Mario Invincibility Star blanket for Bridget's friend Kaylie. I thought that she could use it when she needed a power boost. (Sidenote- I had to use my flash in this pic so that's why the red and orange look so similar, it doesn't look like that in real life.) She's continuing to do her chemo and radiation treatments. The last scan had shown the tumor had shrunk (yay!) but her mobility and muscle control had continue to decline (boo!). She's started a steroid treatment that has some rough side effects but has greatly improved her mobility. We're hoping to make another play date soon. Kaylie and her family are participating in the Run of Hope this weekend (You can still donate here http://www.firstgiving.com/kayliebergen they are so close to their goal!) So I also made a Pediatric Cancer Awareness scarf for her Mom or Kaylie to wear in the walk.


Oh yeah, Bridget wants an invincible blanket too, so that next on my list to make.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us with a family Birthday party and all of us (including PJ!) are walking in the breast cancer awareness Walk of Hope in Seattle. This is Shannon's 5th year leading a team in the cancer walk in honor of her Mom. Right now she's in first place for top individual in raising funds! Also, looks like the weather is going to be nice for it! Should be a great weekend :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Great projects Sarah!!!