INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, October 4, 2010

Go Team Nee Nee!

We had a great turnout for the Walk of Hope on Sunday. Overall it went well but unfortunately the girls had a bit of a hard time. Bridget woke up with a sore throat and a dry cough, but no fever. I debated over taking her but she really, really wanted to go so I gave in. When we got there Maggie actually was the one to start acting up. I think the crowd was overwhelming her and she wanted to be carried all the time. Then she started crying that she wanted to go to the party (we all had a family Birthday Party to go to afterward). Then we tried to take a family picture since Maggie is supposed to take a picture to school of her family and we don't have any other than the on etaken at Shannon's wedding last March. As you can see by the pics, it didn't go well. Bridget started freaking out over getting her picture taken and was thrashing around screaming for Grammy and Maggie wouldn't look at the camera.

Then when we had Grammy in the pic she still wouldn't calm down. Like the fake smiles here?

So then we booted her out of the picture and tried to do a picture with at least the three of us but Maggie still didn't want to take a pic.

So then the walk started and everything went well till about halfway through. I had fallen back from the main group and was walking with Stephanie with her two girls in the stroller. PJ had the girls up with the main group and had been pushing Maggie in the stroller. I'm walking along and see PJ and Bridget off to the side and Bridget is having one of her colossal freak outs. She's screaming and crying for Grammy. She wanted to be with Grammy, but she wasn't wanting to walk anymore and Maggie wasn't willing to get out of the stroller. So hence the freak out. Stephanie was nice enough to offer for Bridget to ride in her double stroller with Kate since Kylie was walking but Bridget refused. So PJ and I ended up standing by the sideline until Grammy and Poppa came back around and we talked Maggie into riding in the double stroller with Kate and then Bridget could ride in our stroller with Grammy and Poppa. Of course the whole time we are standing there she's bawling and crying for Grammy and the whole all the people in the walk are going by watching and I hear some of them saying "Awwww, poor thing". Uh no, don't feel bad for her people. This is what she does.

Anyways, once we got her in a stroller the rest of the walk went fine. Later she told me her hair was all stuck together "from all the tears". We went to the Birthday party and everyone was happy. The End.


Oh wait! I forgot to mention that Shannon is currently in first place for raising funds for the walk as an individual. I think the donations are open for another month but if she holds it she wins tickets and travel to see LIVE with Regis and Kelly in New York! Yaaay Shannon!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love that the 1st photo I took of the 4 of you when you weren't ready was the best :)

Robo Family said...

"We went to the birthday party and everyone was happy the end." Cracked me up. SO the life of a mom.